Your health and safety when visiting our practice is our primary concern. Proper precautions are in place to protect both our patients and staff, including the wearing of masks for all patients and employees. As of June 2021, our reception area has reopened. We continue to practice thorough disinfection of all surfaces and sterilization of instruments to provide you with the highest quality of care in the cleanest possible environment.
Practices we employ to ensure your safety
Our staff is trained to follow processes and procedures recommended by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The latest dental sterilization equipment and machines are utilized, including dental sterilizers, dental autoclaves, and steam sterilizers. Cleaning dental instruments using these mechanisms kills viruses and bacteria by applying pressure, steam, and heat.
Additionally, we ensure surfaces are safe and clean by:
- Requiring face masks for both staff and clients and gloves for staff
- Ensuring disinfectant hand soap and sinks are available throughout the office
- Using disposable materials that are discarded after each use when possible
- Cleaning countertops and surfaces with EPA approved chemical disinfectants
- Sterilizing all equipment after every use
Use of gloves, face shields, and masks
Most of the materials we use are disposable, including gloves, face shields, masks, and gowns, as well as gauze, brushes, and floss. Our staff is trained in best practices for using and handling these materials, ensuring they’re properly stored, properly used, and properly disposed of.
Use of non-disposable instruments
Instruments we use that cannot be discarded are carefully sterilized between each use. We use the following process to ensure proper periodontal office sterilization practices are followed:
- Clean – Non-disposable instruments are thoroughly disinfected using ultrasonic cleaners, which ensure all bacteria, germs, and debris are completely removed.
- Package – Once clean, instruments are wrapped in secure sterilization packs.
- Sterilization – Once safely packaged, dental instruments are sterilized using FDA approved dental autoclave sterilizers.
- Disinfect – After each use, all of our machines and surfaces are disinfected using EPA approved cleaners.
Once cleaned, packaged, and sterilized, our instruments are stored safely until they’re ready for use. This dental sterilization process follows best practices and makes sure a sparkling smile is your only concern when visiting our office.
Training and our commitment to patients
Rest assured that our team is working to provide you and your family with the safest clinical environment. Our staff undergoes regular training in cleaning protocols to ensure they are practicing the most current techniques. We receive OSHA training annually to ensure the safest practices are followed for the handling, storing, usage and disposal of all materials. Our office regularly updates our procedures and systems following the guidance of the American Dental Association and the CDC.
Should you have any questions, just ask! Our team will provide you with detailed information regarding the safety practices implemented to protect you and your family from bacteria and infectious diseases.
We look forward to seeing your smile!